Benefits & Exam Eligibility
- Helps to address case-mix inequalities in a residency program
- Permits learning of flexible gastrointestinal endoscopy techniques in a safe environment without putting patients at risk
- Refreshes techniques for endoscopic surgeons returning to practice after an extended absence
FES candidates are
- Residents and fellows enrolled in an accredited program of surgical education, internal medicine or other program that teaches endoscopic procedures
- Board eligible/certified practicing surgeons, gastroenterologists and other physicians who perform endoscopic procedures
After completion of the self-instructional web-based program, eligible test candidates may schedule the FES Exam.